The programme is a combination of bachelor degree level learning with application in a global technology company. As such the learning outcomes of the programme align with the Incorporated Engineer level of UK-Spec.
Incorporated Engineers maintain and manage applications of current and developing technology, and may undertake engineering design, development, manufacture, construction and operation.
On successful completion of the programme, graduates shall be able to:
- Solve engineering problems in industry by acquiring and evaluating data using a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge.
- Evaluate and apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, and manufacture engineering processes, systems, services and products.
- Provide technical management through the planning and implementation of projects, management of tasks and resources.
- Summarise and tailor communication of complex problems to stakeholders requiring different levels of information. Present and discuss proposals.
- Manage and apply safe systems of work to comply with relevant codes of conduct.
- Undertake engineering activities in a way that contributes to sustainable development.
- Assess how different systems within an engineering product or process interact and affect performance.
Method of Delivery
This programme will be delivered through:
- Project Supervision
- Group work
- Work-based learning (for apprenticeship element and applied learning of the degree course)
The programme is overall assessed by:
50% examination, 50% assessed coursework