The Council is comprised of the Directors of the company (Dyson Technical Training Limited) and is the ultimate governing body of the Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Mary Curnock-Cook CBE (Chair) - Former CEO of UCAS and Portfolio Non-Executive Director
- Sir James Bucknall - CEO of Weybourne Ltd
- Lord Jo Johnson - Chair of TES and former Universities Minister of State
- Dr Ant Bagshaw - Partnerships Director at Online Education Services (OES)
- Professor Jo Price - Former Vice Chancellor at Royal Agricultural University
- Alex Knox - VP, New Product Innovation
- Ruth Hopkins - Director of Tax and Treasury at Dyson
- Jim Bruges - Student Representative and Head of Undergraduate Experience Committee
- Matthew Wilson - Director of the Dyson Institute
Academic Board meets five times per academic year and is responsible for the academic governance of the Institute. As a body its remit includes the management of the academic portfolio, monitoring student performance and initiatives designed to enhance the student experience. Academic Board is responsible for the maintenance of academic standards and academic regulations.
Institute Management Board
The Institute Management Board (IMB) is comprised of all members of the Senior Leadership Team of the Institute and is chaired by the Director. The IMB meet fortnightly on a Monday afternoon and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Institute and translating the mission and vision into reality.
Other Committees and Groups
The following is a non-exhaustive list of other committees and groups which are currently active in the Institute:
- Data Integrity Group
- Compliance and Monitoring Group
- Dyson Institute Planning Group
- NDAPs Steering Group
- OFSTED Inspections Task and Finish Group
The Dyson Institute (Dyson Technical Training Limited) is a subsidiary of Dyson Technology Limited but has its own Board of Directors. This Board (the Council) includes four external non-executive directors and an elected student representative. The Institute works closely in partnership with Dyson Technology Ltd to enable a learning experience that includes real world experiences of being an engineer.